My boyfriend is a health nut. He loves to work out and hates
to eat out. However, I am a workaholic
and I will go hours without eating and he gets on to me all the time. He always
says, “How do you expect your body to do work, if you don’t give it what it
needs to work.” He won’t have to preach this to me again after this experience
together:
For our 6month celebration we went back to the Magic Kingdom
where our story began. However, I started my period and my body was acting up,
I was so focused on being a pretty princess that I neglected to eat. I wanted to
be royalty and wear heels to the park because we weren’t going to be
there that long. We got to the Magic
Kingdom and headed straight to the Haunted Mansion because that is where we met
and where I worked as an intern.
I got the chance to reunite with some of my Mansion family and it was
a beautiful experience but the Mansion was down. So, we headed to Pirates of
the Caribbean because neither of us had gotten to ride it since the
refurbishment. I was totally fine walking through the queue until my ovaries
started to give birth to a mutant ninja who was waging war on my lady parts. We
were getting close to getting on the ride when my body just got super weak. I
got up against the wall and started to breathe, I thought I was about to black
out. I just kept breathing and my boyfriend was so attentive and helpful. He
asked me if I wanted to leave and I was determined to tough it out. I began to pray over my body and my body immediately
went into a cold sweat. I kept breathing and my lady parts were throwing a
tantrum but I got into the boat and I was able to enjoy the ride.
I had to admit to him that I had not eaten, I could tell he was upset with me but he was nice because I was suffering. When I got out of the boat, I was in a deep sweat; I headed straight to the bathroom. My boyfriend patiently waited outside for me because I did not feel well at all.
He immediately took me to Pecos Bills to eat and normally I am the one who orders food for us when we go out because I have a talent when it comes to picking the best choices. However, I was too weak to stand in line , so I sat at the table and my poor little pumpkin had to order on his own. Let me remind you that my boyfriend is not from the US and he does not eat out so this was going to be interesting. He was gone far too long especially for a Disney quick service restaurant. When he returned, he returned with two kids meals. It was so cute and he started to apologize and tell me how he didn’t mean to order children’s food. He kept offering me anything I wanted but I didn’t care, I started to eat because I was so weak. After eating I felt much better and I was grateful for him being by my side.
I had to admit to him that I had not eaten, I could tell he was upset with me but he was nice because I was suffering. When I got out of the boat, I was in a deep sweat; I headed straight to the bathroom. My boyfriend patiently waited outside for me because I did not feel well at all.
He immediately took me to Pecos Bills to eat and normally I am the one who orders food for us when we go out because I have a talent when it comes to picking the best choices. However, I was too weak to stand in line , so I sat at the table and my poor little pumpkin had to order on his own. Let me remind you that my boyfriend is not from the US and he does not eat out so this was going to be interesting. He was gone far too long especially for a Disney quick service restaurant. When he returned, he returned with two kids meals. It was so cute and he started to apologize and tell me how he didn’t mean to order children’s food. He kept offering me anything I wanted but I didn’t care, I started to eat because I was so weak. After eating I felt much better and I was grateful for him being by my side.
Lesson # 1 Eat and take care of my body
“Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own,” (1 Corinthians 6:19)
I learned this lesson and promise to be good to my temple. I really need to slow down and reevaluate my priorities. Food is a priority and is necessary for my journey. I can not do what God has called me to do if I do not take care of my body. I need to get it together.
Lesson #2 I can trust my boyfriend to be there for me and take care of me.
“Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them” (Colossians 3:19).
No,we are not married ... Yet... but we have every intention to marry. For me it was great to witness that he did not lecture me but he stepped in and just took care of me. For many years, I was a loner and I am so accustomed to taking care of myself. It’s beautiful to me that in this situation, I was sick but I wasn’t alone.


No comments:
Post a Comment