Sunday, January 24, 2016

Listen and Follow



Last week in class, I was very inspired by one of our guest speakers. After the lecture I went to the guest speaker and asked what church she attended. She quickly gave me her contact information and we agreed to meet for church on Sunday.
When I woke this Sunday morning, I wasn't in the mood for church. In fact, I had all of these negative thoughts like:

  • What if this church is like the last
  • What if this church asks me to put a $20 seed in the air
  •  What if the people start jumping all around.    
Then this Happened :                
The "Aren't you going to church this morning honey?" convicted me, I text the guest speaker told her I was coming and quickly jumped in the shower. She called me and told me that she wasn't going to be there because she was stuck but she was calling a member at the church to meet me there. She told me I had plenty of time because it did not start until 11 am.  I got dressed and headed out the door. I stopped to get some coffee and charged my phone at Starbucks. I realized I didn't have money for church so I stopped by Target to get some money. My friend called and asked if I could pick him up, I grabbed the things I needed and headed out the door. My boyfriend called me and said,

"Babe, I'm not sure why I am saying this but you need a shepherd. You have too many gifts not to use them in church. It is not stable for you not to have a church home. Pray for God to give you direction."

I admit, I brushed it off. I was like, YOU told me the problem but you did not give me a solution sir. I have been praying butI didn't understand WHY he was telling me this. I picked up my friend and we headed to church. 
I stepped in the door and the people were so welcoming. I knew all the songs. I was singing like I was back home, it was fabulous. I noticed there was a microphone in the middle of the praise team like it was an open spot and it was lower than the other microphones....aka it was my size. I felt something tell me to "PARK it here" to "SERVE here." Another confirmation was when the Pastor was preaching and out of nowhere he said, " The Lord styles His people as sheep." This instantly clicked in my head with the conversation I had with my boyfriend. 

The preacher preached on one of my favorite people Joseph! He discussed having a vision and trusting and following God until the vision comes to fruition. It was definitely a timely message because I am pregnant with a vision. 

After the sermon it was time for the announcements, a well spoken woman came up to give the announcements. The Pastor  mentioned that Dr. P had an announcement. l was like Dr. P... like Dr. Pattie, my mentor back home? She was a sophisticated lady and she came up to the podium and she spoke so eloquently and she reminded me so much of my Aunt CJ. 

I am excited to return next Sunday. 

However, I had to apologize to my boyfriend for brushing him off because I realized there was GREAT purpose in what he had to tell me. My boyfriend encouraged me  to be patient to listen others and take what I can from them because God can use anyone to speak to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment