You might have grown up thinking that relationships are all
about compromise that there was this system of give and take and as long as you
abide by it you will be happy. I was taught that as a woman I was created to be
submissive and somehow I confused that with compromising who I was for someone
else once. BIG MISTAKE! Now of course, you will have to sacrifice in a relationship
because they are an investment and take time to build. Cool! BUT, you should NEVER have to sacrifice who you are as a person to be in a relationship. I’ve seen many women transform themselves into the
perfect partner for their mate and lose sight of themselves and they wound up
miserable. This is NOT the WAY, honey!
EARTHA KITT & COMPRIMISE
I have watched this video with Eartha Kitt to give me a
reality check many times. I don’t have to compromise who I am to be with
anyone, if they don’t fit, they just don’t fit. Don’t FORCE IT! You are not
meant to be everything to everyone and you don’t have to change yourself.
Stay true to who you are and the Lord will give you someone
who will compliment that. As a culture we often idolize relationships and put pressure on those who aren't in relationships. Don't lose yourself trying to chase a man, it's never worth it. The world needs you to be unapologetically you. You don't have to dumb yourself down, tone down your creativity or push your dreams aside. You were created to be more than some man's wife, embrace your greatness because you would be a food to compromise, sweetheart!

No comments:
Post a Comment