Last year around this time, I decided to conquer my fear of
Halloween Horror Night’s and become a House Attendant. Haunted houses freak me
out, I don’t like blood, guts, horror or gore it all makes me queasy. My first
time ever visiting, I went through the entire event calling on the name of
Jesus with my eyes closed. However, I aspire to be fearless, so as an attendant
I put on my big girl pants and strutted through the house each night, AFRAID!
I am determined to
not let fear keep me from doing anything, are you?
Fear paralyzes us from having what we want. It has been said
many ways but everything that we desire is on the other side of fear. Rejection, failure, abandonment etc. You name it… if it
isn’t of love then it is of fear.
In the season in which many celebrate spooks, ghouls, goblins, witches and
scares… I’m challenging myself to get out of my comfort zone and do things that absolutely scare the crap out of me this month. I no longer want to be a slave to fear, I want to walk in the authority that I was born with. There are many ideas, goals, dreams that I don't want to take to the grave with me. I want to live knowing that when God placed something on my heart, I didn't tremble in fear but I utilized what He gave me and together we made it happen.
"For God has not given us the spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind."
2 Timonthy 1:7
Stop sleeping on what He has assigned you to do because you are afraid. There are others depending on you to be obedient.
No comments:
Post a Comment