Saturday, June 11, 2016

Game Time: What Happens When We Mess Up?


Dating or Courtship is like practicing for the big game of marriage. When you practice together you begin to see your teammates strengths and weaknesses. Practice does not always make perfect but practice definitely makes progress. It is very important that I tell you that the habits you develop as a single person will effect your future relationship. I always wondered why people would always say to me, 

"The best time to prepare for marriage is as a single." 

On Our Way to Copa America 2016

Now, I know WHYYYYY!

If you know you have a habit of: anger, depression, anxiety, flirtation, juggling multiple relationships of the opposite sex, dramatics, lying, cheating etc, it would be wise to work on those things before getting into a relationship. 
Copa America Brazil vs. Haiti


The truth is that if you have practiced these habits in your singleness then this is what you will eventually perform in your relationship. In a relationship, you will start to get to know the real person and that perfect person you always dreamed of starts to show their TRUE COLORS. Only over time  will you learn their weaknesses and watch them make mistakes.  


WARNING: You Will HURT Each OTHER! 

When people hurt me, I am often encouraged by Isaiah 2:22, "Don't put your trust in mere humans. They are as frail as breath." When you fall in LOVE it is so easy to make your relationship or you boo your IDOL! God is still JEALOUS for you and He will quickly show you that the one you love will fail you. NO HUMAN being is perfect but there is a perfect God.

But if it is really LOVE you will know because... 



1 Corinthians 13:4-7

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

My favorite part is LOVE endures ALL things! If you are equally yoked with a believer and they do something out of line. Utilize the Word of God, Hebrews 4:12, "For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart." 

Proud Haiti Fans


You can not change your boo but  God can. It is your job to pray for them to  cast all your cares unto the Lord , because the truth is God cares about what is going on.   It is your job to know they are NOT perfect but to love them in spite of because that is how Christ loves you. When things go wrong in your relationship don't blast it on social media, don't drown your ears in secular music and don't respond emotionally. 
This fight is SPIRITUAL! 

 Ephesians 6:12, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

Learning each other and developing together is not for the faint at heart. I know I am not a perfect being and I have made many mistakes and will continue to make many more, but I can rest knowing that His Grace is sufficient, Love Endures All, and if I listen and obey the Holy Spirit.. everything will be alright.   


I am sure that Haiti knew that they were going to lose against Brazil, but that did NOT keep them from playing.  In your relationship you will lose sometimes but stay in the game, don't give up, keep practicing! Things will get better and you will get STRONGER



No comments:

Post a Comment