Friday, June 17, 2016

MY NOT SO SECRET MARRIAGE


I often wondered when would be the perfect time to tell everyone, I'm married. It happened not to long ago when I was struggling trying to figure out what my next move was going to be. I was trying to make many complex decisions and I remember sitting down at the library and reading the back of a woman's shirt.
It read:


Jeremiah 
29.V:11

 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

I've been worried about my future ALOT  lately and truly understanding how exactly  am I going to fulfill my purpose on this earth. We often look to school to validate us, we look to people to advise us on what career choice will be best, and we even pray for God to open up doors that no man can shut. 
Yet, rarely do we spend enough time with God for him to reveal our purpose to us. We go to college, accumulate debt for a degree because it is what our  parents always dreamed. 

But...
 Our Ways are Not His Ways
 In my quiet time with the Lord, I sense Him tugging on my heart to do something that I am honestly afraid to do. I am afraid of disappointing other people but I know that one day I will be held accountable for my actions on this earth.  And if I were truly honest, I'd say I'm even afraid of looking a bit crazy. 
1 Samuel 15:22

But Samuel replied, "What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

SO..

                                                               Who accepts this charge?
Who will listen and obey His commands?
Who will boldly serve others?


I DO!

As Facebook timelines are filled with budding relationships, engagements, and beautiful wedding pictures, don't get distracted. Your desire for marriage is healthy but your relationship with God is more important. You will never be free to love until you have encountered the author of LOVE. You will NEVER be truly fulfilled until you have discovered what He has purposed you to do.  I encourage you to fall madly in love with LOVE because He will never fail you and He will always lead you in the right direction. 



No comments:

Post a Comment