Relationships are great teachers; they definitely teach you about your significant other but most importantly they teach you about yourself. Recently, I took a step forward in pruning one of my biggest flaws. My handsome teacher taught me that my giving was sometimes Impure!
This really bothered me
because I thought I was an excellent giver. If anyone needed anything, I was
always there willing to help and willing to give.
He showed me that
sometimes my giving comes with conditions, and that sometimes I have ulterior
motives for giving.
As painful as it was to hear. I took it and
examined myself:
When I was a little girl,
my baby sister was afraid of the dark. I would allow her to sleep in my room
only if she paid me for my room services.
WRONG!
I firmly believe in “You
reap what you sow.” So, I often give to others because if I am ever in need I
would want someone to give to me.
WRONG!
Sometimes, I would remind
my handsome teacher what I had done for him, so that he would give me something
in return. MANIPULATIVE and …
WRONG!
Proverbs 16:2
"All the ways of a man
are pure in his own eyes, but the Lord weighs the spirit."
This has truly taught me to check my motives in ALL
things. I am more focused on making sure that I am doing things as unto the
Lord and not for validation from man.
So,
Give without posting it on social media,
Give without wanting anything in return,
Give generously and genuinely.


No comments:
Post a Comment