Mission 1: Shrimp & Scallop Fettuccine Alfredo
Canned sauces make me a little queasy, so I embarked on the challenge of making homemade Alfredo.
It all began with grating parmesan cheese which was a total arm workout. Mixed it with the heavy cream and milk, seasoned it with salt and pepper and kept stirring.
Added the cooked fettuccine
I cooked the shrimp and scallops in chicken broth, seasoned them with creole season and added them to the fettuccine. I added parsley, seasoned to taste and I am convinced that it is better than Red Lobster's. So, Beyonce' when he hugs me good, I won't take him to Red Lobster, I'll take him to the kitchen.
I served my pasta with a Cesar Salad.
Kale/Spinach Blend. Croutons. Parmesan Cheese. & Cesar Dressing.
After making a conscious effort to stop eating out and cooking, I've lost weight, I feel better and I've saved money. It's definitely a win-win-win situation. When I have a family, I don't want their meals to be prepared at a drive thru. So, goodbye laziness and bad habits and hello Chef D!




No comments:
Post a Comment