Saturday, May 7, 2016

Oh She Likes Your Accent?


I was asked a strange question by my boyfriend.
He asked, “How do you feel about my accent?”
I was like I don’t mind it, it’s cute. 
He went on to say, “I know American girls love accents but I want to tell you something but not to make you jealous.” I replied, “Okay.”

There is a co worker of mine and I needed help with a word and she helped me and started to cry because she loved and missed my accent while I was gone.

Oh Okay, I replied.

Then he said

I wish you loved my accent that much!

I didn't get jealous but it reminded me of:



When I had a co worker that I  thought  was a  cool person. I only thought he was cool because he was full of adventure and  hilarious. We had a lot in common and he was easy to relate to because we had  similar personalities. It was easy for me to wish my boyfriend was more like my co worker. But overtime, I learned that my  hyperactive co worker had a few bad habits and personal problems that I could NOT handle. 


 Any new friendship with the opposite sex outside of your relationship can seem cool because you’re getting to know someone new and you’re finding common ground. Just because your new friend has a quality that your boo does not posses that doesn’t give you permission to jump ship and abandon your relationship! Things are not always better on the other side. Over time you might find out that your new friend has an issue with anger, drinking, self esteem, personal baggage or a combination of problems.

Time is essential

Every one is struggling with something and no one is perfect. However, it is important to find someone who is willing to stick with you through all your imperfections and someone you are willing to ride for when things get rocky.


It is important that when you meet new people  outside of your relationship, that you protect your relationship!  Be careful to guard the heart of your significant other. Make sure you don’t do or say anything that you wouldn’t mind them hearing or finding out about. With the significance of social media and technology in our everyday lives you are able to talk to as many people as you want and simply delete ALL the message threads.


Be True
Be Aware
Be Honest
Be Forgiving





No comments:

Post a Comment