Thursday, February 11, 2016

Be4IDO Books: The 5 Love Languages


Recommended Reading
A New York Times Bestseller, The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman is  noted for helping countless relationships.  In our relationship, marriage is the ultimate goal.We identified this goal early in our relationship , therefore neither of us are confused about which direction we are headed. I figured learning each others love language would be beneficial to our journey.


Know Thy Self




When reading this book it was important for me  to analyze myself and what truly made me feel loved.  I knew instantly that my primary love language would be  
QUALITY TIME. 

This book showed me how much I truly value time. I am simply never late because I value a person's time. I love spending quality time with people. In fact,  I don't have to do much of anything simply engaging in a conversation with me without any distractions is ideal. When I am with my boyfriend, my phone is usually on airplane mode that way I can still snap a photo or shoot a random video.

My secondary love language is 
PHYSICAL TOUCH
This was no surprise. I am a HUGGER! I appreciate physical touch because it is comforting. I was not always like this but when I fostered children it definitely changed me.                    

                                                      KNOW THY BOO


I thought before having him take the test, I would simply take a guess. I figured after knowing each other for 6 months I should know a thing or two about his love language.



I guessed that his primary love language would be 
Words of Affirmation.


I was WRONG!

After reading the book and taking the profile test, the test  results taught me that we are more alike than I expected. 

 Knowing this information is valuable, 
Thank you Gary Chapman.
















No comments:

Post a Comment