The importance of sacrifice
and support.
The
Circumstance: After high school in
Haiti, my boyfriend worked very hard to save money to come to America. Now, if you are born in the United States you have no idea how expensive
and time consuming the process is to get here. He taught himself English
because he knew he wanted to move to the United States. He worked very hard to
get here and established residency in Florida. He is a total polyglot, he
speaks 3 languages Haitian Creole, French and English. Now imagine going to
another country and having to get an education in a language other than your
native tongue. Difficult right?
I started to throw little fits because I
was unable to spend time with him. Now, I don’t mean I wanted to be with him every
second of everyday. I simply wanted more
than the one day a week for a few hours that I usually get. I realized that my selfishness was was
working against him.
I imagined this scenario
like American football.
He was playing offense pressing forward to reach his goals.
I was playing defense pouting for his time and complaining about my unhappiness.
It was almost as if God called a time out to tell me
Love is NOT selfish
"Love bears all things"
The energy I was using to complain was the same energy I needed to use to encourage and uplift.
I have now chosen to take off my helmet and get into formation..
Ready , Okay!
I realized that there are a variety of obstacles and distractions he will face on his journey and I don't want to be one of them. Plus, if someone was standing in the way of my dreams, I wouldn't hesitate to give them the boot. So, cheers to not being a nag because NO ONE likes a NAG!
I'll trade nagging for cheers any day..
5,6,7,8...
Be our heroes,
We need you today!
Don't let your dream
Just slip away!
You are mighty,
And you know it!
So believe you can win,
And GO FOR IT!


No comments:
Post a Comment