Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Dating an Ambitious Immigrant


When I look at the list of what I thought my ideal man should be I found a list similar to this:

God fearing
Family Oriented
Compassionate
Hardworking
Positive
Helpful
Generous

College Educated

I assumed that the man of my dreams would ALREADY have a college education. My boyfriend is definitely the man of my dreams but NO,  he does not have a college education yet. But, he's getting there and it is such a privilege to watch him throughout this process. He is one test away from completing the GED requirements. He has only been in the United States a little over a year, has taught himself English and is determined to get a college degree. His perseverance and determinations has truly inspired me to strive for more in life. 

When he passed the 3rd test he thanked me for contributing to his success. I wasn't sure what I did but thank God  we are almost there.

He will graduate in June and then he is off to college to study Business Management.

I took my future graduate to Pat O'Briens to indulge in New Orleans cuisine and delight in dueling pianos. He loves music and good food therefore  Pat O'Brien's was a success.

Velrick's Creole Chicken
DeLisa's Shrimp and Grits
Skilled Pianist

Love is more about GROWING in LOVE than FALLING in love. 
Your mate will NOT come prepackaged in PERFECTION.
Each person in a relationship is a master piece in the works and it is your responsibility to see the beauty in their journey and help them reach their full potential. 







So, soak up the journey and enjoy each step of the way. Rome was not built in a day and neither is a long-lasting relationship. No need to rush down the aisle because everyone around you is getting married, a lifetime of love is a marathon and not a sprint. Take it easy.







No comments:

Post a Comment