Monday, April 4, 2016

Cling to Me!



Personal Confession: I don’t get too attached to anything. I would often say, "My life is like a revolving door, people come and people go." If someone or something leaves, I’m usually just fine. I have never been considered clingy, I’m more of a free spirit and I roam with the wind. 


Until this GIFT came

Thankfully,
 
  This has changed me

In my relationship, I’ve gotten comfortable with the idea that someone is there for me. I really appreciate being able to count on someone to just listen. I like to talk to him and most importantly spend time with him.

My love language : Quality Time.  
Therefore, I  feel loved when someone  spends intentional time with me and connects with me.

My Problem:  We don’t get to do that often.
·      We are both in school
·      We both work
·      We carve out one day a week to see each other

This is NOT how I expected my relationship to be

I wanted to be wined and dined, going to plays, museums, listening to live music and going on adventures.

This  expectation has caused me to catch a bit of an unnecessary  ATTITUDE.

I get upset and act on my emotions ALL because I want to spend time with him.

I do things like: text short messages, catch an attitude, and act unattached

I had to ask myself



IS THAT LOVE?

NO

Love is suppose to be supportive, understanding and patient.

I had to take a good look at myself and understand the importance of sacrifice. He is working so hard each and every day to fulfill his dream. Who am I to distract him from his dream? If I truly love him, why am I behaving  this way? 

There is nothing wrong with desiring time with your beau but don't forget to play your role.


 The role of a woman is to be a help meet. 

My duty is to help him to achieve what God has called him to do NOT  to stress him with my emotions .


No comments:

Post a Comment