Friday, April 15, 2016

Negotiation or Manipulation

Mission : I WANT this    _____________

Philosophy: Say what you need to say to get what you want.


I took time to formulate why I believed I deserved whatever I was after.I started listing all the sacrifices I have made, all the things I bring to the table and how I deserve what I want. Logical right?

Now if I was negotiating my next promotion this would be perfectly fine.

In a healthy relationship listing your sacrifices and what you bring to the table is 

IMMATURE

Lesson Learned!
The reason is that if you are in a healthy relationship you BOTH sacrifice and you BOTH bring things to the table. If both of you sit down and list what you have done and what you sacrifice for the other person …

YOU WILL GET NOWHERE

What I was trying to do was manipulate him. I was trying to show him:
He ALWAYS tells me about myself!

 Hey boo, 
  • Look what I do for you, 
  • I deserve this okay! 
  • Now give me what I want!


& THAT IS NOT LOVE

It showed him that I wasn’t doing for him out of love but that I expected something for all the good I do. Healthy relationships do not have room for manipulation.
  If you love someone, you do things out of love and not because you expect to use it as ammunition to get what you want later.




"Let all that you do be done in love."~ 1Corinthians 16:14




No comments:

Post a Comment