Friday, April 22, 2016

Relationships Should Have Purpose

I have happily helped my best friend  plan a wedding in Haiti.  He was the best man and as we shopped for suits for the wedding I began to fantasize about my own wedding day and my future marriage. These fantasies catapulted thoughts like
"For what reason does God bring  man and woman together?"

 Now, I was not able to attend the wedding but it looked great! 

Wedding Party

The Bride

The Groom

God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. God blessed them; and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth." 
Genesis 1:27-28

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him.”
Genesis 2:18

When God creates a helper for a man. The man must first have something he needs help with right? Therefore, whatever he needs help with gives great purpose for their relationship.

Ideally, I believe that God would bring two like minded people together to create or build something for His glory. I came to this realization when my best friend messaged me that he thought about me a lot. I was like awww. that is so sweet. He said that the Haitian people kept reminding him of me. I was like , "Woah, how does that work, I am not even Haitian. He told me that on his trip to Haiti he had met so many people who needed help  providing for their children. My best friend has such a generous heart and strongly desires to help the people of Haiti. He also knows that I dream of opening a girls home in Haiti to help alleviate poverty and create opportunity for these young women. 

This conversation reassured me that our relationship had the purpose of helping those in need. We both have very sensitive hearts and hate to watch another person suffer. I appreciate our relationship and I hope that when people make the decision to be in a relationship that they are led by God, have total peace and find genuine purpose in their relationship. 


Purpose & Peace



No comments:

Post a Comment